WHAT IS GATE?
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted for Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master's and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships / Assistantships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2016 score will be valid for a period of THREE YEARS ONLY from the date of announcement of results.
Only the following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE :
- Eligibility Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
PATTERN OF GATE 2016:
Examinations for all the papers will be conducted as Computer Based Tests only.
HOW TO APPLY?
All candidates must apply ONLINE. Further details and ONLINE application form can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE/JAM zonal websites (or by scanning the image below using a QR reader facility that is available on many mobile phones).
ALL THE CANDIDATES HAVE TO APPLY ONLY ONLINE.
- 750 for the SC / ST / PwD category candidates.
- 750 for women candidates.
- 1500 for all other candidates.
Submission of Application and supporting documents
- Starting Date: 1st September 2015 (Tuesday)
- Ending Date : 1st October 2015 (Thursday)